At Upper Darby Belltelco Federal Credit Union, your privacy is our top priority. This notice describes how we protect the privacy of your personal non-public information and gives you an opportunity to let us know if you do not want certain personal information about you disclosed to other non-affiliated parties. Throughout this notice, the word “information” refers to personal information about you that may not be publicly available.
Information that we collect and may disclose to others
We collect only that information that is required in the daily processing of your financial transactions. We never sell your personal information to third parties such as Telemarketing organizations or any other vendors. We collect information about you the following sources:
- Applications for membership, loans, and other requests for products you submit to us.
- Information about your financial transaction with us.
- Information from consumer credit bureau-reporting agencies.
- Information from Credit, Debit/ATM card transactions.
- Miscellaneous other information required in providing the services requested.
- We will never request that you give us or verify any personal data via e-mail.
Parties to whom we may disclose your information
We may disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- Financial services providers, such as those providing Share Draft processing, Credit & Debit/ATM processing and Insurance services.
- Non-financial organizations that provide Statement and Marketing services. There is only one organization that provides this service at this time.
- Bill collection agencies when required.
- Legal requests from law enforcement agencies, as permitted or required by law.
At the present time, we do not have any agreements with non-affiliated organizations to perform data processing or marketing services for the Credit Union. All these functions are handled internally within the Credit Union. You will be notified of any future changes in this area.
If you decide to terminate your membership with the Credit Union or become an inactive member, we will not share any information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How to “Opt Out” of certain disclosures of information about you
If you prefer that we not disclose information about you to parties that are not affiliated with the Credit Union, you may “opt out” of these disclosures. That is you may direct us not to make those disclosures. Your “opt out” will not apply to disclosures that are permitted by law and to those organizations that provide the necessary financial services. If you want to “opt out” of any organizations not affiliated with your Credit Union, please call us on any business day and make that request. The contact number is shown at the bottom of this document.
As stated earlier in this notice, currently we do not use any non-affiliated third party organizations at this time for marketing or data processing. All organizations that the Credit Union has agreements with have strict privacy policies and will not sell any members’ personal information.
How we protect your information
Access to your personal information is limited to employees with a specific need to know, business reason for utilizing this data. Our employees are educated about the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. If necessary, we will take appropriate disciplinary steps to enforce our employees responsibility to protect your very personal information.
In order to prevent unauthorized access to your information, we maintain standards and procedures that conform to industry practices. These security standards and procedures are routinely tested to verify the integrity of our system.
Review Date: April 2020